Links

Monday, October 3, 2011

A new day

Dear Blog,

It's been a while. I've been busy. Yes, yes, that old chestnut. No, really. You've been left languishing in the dark hole of cyber space while its author went off to focus on other pursuits - like finishing her first novel. Yes, it's finished, working title, 'The Secret Carrier', and the next step is seeking an agent/publisher.

I know, I know, me and a million others. But, being a classic glass half full woman, annoyingly optimistic and perhaps the best reframer yet, it'll be try, try and try again - like most 'new and emerging writers'.

The process of writing is after all an end in itself - the creative venture is a heady place, a time-warped space, a sometimes altered state. But mostly? It's just practical, i.e. sit in a chair and write: get off Facebook, ignore the emails, no, the blinds don't need cleaning, no, you don't need to ring that long lost friend - just write. On a good day it's 3000 words, on a bad one, it's re-reading what I've written and 'fiddling'.

Anyway. I'm back and I'll try to visit you more often now that your existence may be discovered after I chose to dive into the deep ocean of social media on Facebook and surf the wave - without floaties, too!

See you soon.


Shirley

3 comments:

Paula said...

Come on, Shirley, how about those interviews you promised us? No excuses!

SC Patton said...

I know, I know! I've even bought a new digital recorder to use. And now that my first novel is finished I have no excuse not to approach my fist female author and undertake a 'Paris review' style interview. Perhaps a public deadline would move me through the fear. Mmmm. How about I undertake the interview by December 2011?

Paula said...

Try and do one a month :-).